HOME > Articles
Our guests are requested to observe and comply with the following Regulations established by the Hotel to ensure that they have a pleasant and safe stay, in accordance with Article 10 of the Conditions Governing Accommodation Contracts. Guests who do not comply with House Regulations may not be permitted to use the facilities and guest rooms. Pursuant to Article 7 of said Conditions. The Hotel will not be liable to any guest for any damages caused by his/her failure to comply with these House Regulations.
- The following objects or act listed below are not allowed on the Hotel premises;
- a) Any species of animals or birds besides care dogs;
- b) Foul or overheated objects;
- c) Gunpowder, oils or other explosives or hazardous objects;
- d) Unregistered firearms, swords or drugs, or other articles the possession of which is prohibited by the laws of Japan;
- Besides the lodging, no sales activities, office use, nor party in the room is allowed.
- Minors require a guardian's permission to lodge.
- Advertisement and the selling of goods on premises are not allowed;
- Gambling or other acts contrary to good morals or which cause an annoyance is not allowed.
- The Hotel reserves the right to refuse entry to and usage of Hotel premises and facilities by groups or individuals, such as gangs or crime syndicates or the members thereof, deemed by the Hotel to corrupt public order,
(even after having confirmed bookings or during their stay);
- In principle, guests may stay at the hotel only for a total of five consecutive nights.
- Food and drinks from outside of the hotel are not allowed in order to be compliant to sanitation rules and regulation.
- Nightclothes, bathing suits or slippers in public areas are not allowed.
- Hotel (Room) equipment or fixtures removal from property, alteration, installation, or refurbishment is not allowed. In case of soil, breakage or lost of equipment or fixtures, the cost will be charged.
- Unauthorized publication for business purposes of photographs taken on the premises of the Hotel may be subject to legal action.
- Ensure that your door is locked upon leaving your room. It is advisable that you use the door latch and double lock while you are in your room and also while sleeping. When somebody knocks on the door, look through the door scope to check or open the door with latch. If you think that it is a suspicious person, please contact Assistant Manager.
- Please see the outside visitor(s) in the 1F Main Entrance or 2F Lobby after 10:00 pm.
- Dining, drinking and the disposal of smoking butts or trash from the balcony are not allowed.
- Moving of any hotel equipments or dangerous objects on to the balcony is not allowed.
- Participating in any dangerous activities or actions on the balcony is not allowed.
- Children must be accompanied with an adult on the balcony.
- Heating elements, cooking appliances or candles in the guest room are not allowed. Please refrain from cooking in the room.
- Please refrain from smoking in bed, other areas that easily cause fire, or on the non-smoking floors.
- Emergency exit instructions is posted on the inside of the guest room door for your review and it is advisable to familiarize yourself with the emergency exits on your floor.
- Safety deposit boxes are available in your room and at the Front Office to secure your cash, securities or valuables; the Hotel will not be liable for the loss or theft of valuables left unsecured in your room; the use of safety deposit boxes are restricted within the specified time of your stay.
- Articles found on the premises of the Hotel shall be kept for an appropriate period and will thereafter be disposed of or surrendered to the appropriate authority in accordance to the Lost Goods Act.
- Settlement of account may be requested by the Front Desk. Settlement of accounts are due upon demand. If not, the guest may be requested to vacate the room.
- The Hotel is not liable to make payment on behalf of a guest for such expenses as shopping charges, tickets, taxi fares, postage or porter's charges and any other items deemed as personal.
- All outgoing calls made from the guest room will be charged with a minimum service charge.
- Restaurant bills may be charged to your room account by presenting your key booklet at each restaurant cashier outlet.
- Traveler's check issued by recognized banks or financial institutions may be used for payment for services and may also be exchanged for currency, all other personal checks or coupons will not be honored for payment or exchange.
- All charges are subject to a 10% service charge and an applicable tax. You are cordially requested to not tip Hotel associates.
SAFETY PROCEDURES DURING A FIRE OR EARTHQUAKE
This building features an extensive fire prevention system. Smoke detectors and sprinklers have been built into every section of the structure, including guestrooms, and all areas of the hotel house continuously-monitored alarm stations. In an emergency, a comprehensive public address system will allow the staff to communicate with guests and other personnel.
The hotel associates have undergone training in order to respond to emergency situations of any nature.
- A REQUEST TO OUR GUESTS
Your full cooperation is necessary in order to minimize danger from emergencies. Please be sure to:
- Pinpoint the closest fire exit using the evacuation plan map and check the route by actually walking to the exits;
- Smoke only where an ashtray is provided and in permitted areas;
- Never smoke in bed;
- Do not discard cigarette butts into waste baskets.
- WHEN YOU DISCOVER A FIRE
- Please press the Emergency button on the phone for assistance.
- Close all fire doors in your immediate vicinity if possible.
- WHEN YOU HEAR AN ALARM
- Remain in your guestroom and await instructions from hotel or fire department personnel via the public address system.
- WHEN YOU ARE ORDERED TO EVACUATE YOUR ROOM
- Please carry your room key card with you.
- Close any open windows.
- Before opening any doors, place your hand on door to test for heat. Evacuate as soon as possible; do not worry about luggage, clothes or other personal items.
- Do not use the elevators.
- Leave using the emergency exits identified by illuminated signs.
- IF YOU ENCOUNTER OVERWHELMING FLAMES OR SMOKE
- The area is filling with smoke.Please cover your mouth and nose with a towel or handkerchief.
- Should the stairwells or hallways begin to fill with thick smoke, if possible return to your room and wait for rescue personnel.
- IF YOU CANNOT LEAVE YOUR ROOM
- Stuff wet cloth under the door to minimize smoke infiltration.
- Fill up your bath tub with water.
- Please call our Operator/Front desk to tell your current location.
- Use a towel or flashlight to signal from the windows.
- Remain calm and wait for rescue.
- IN AN EARTHQUAKE
- Extinguish any smoking material or flames.
- Protect yourself from falling objects; use a blanket and a cushion to shield your head and face.
- Please remain calm and follow the instructions provided by the Emergency broadcast system.
- Do not use the elevators.
- In case of Tsunami,please follow the instructions provided by the Emergency broadcast system.
- EMERGENCY EXIT PLAN
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ACCOMMODATION CONTRACTS
- SCOPE OF APPLICATION
- Article 1.
- Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- In the case when the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- APPLICATION FOR ACCOMMODATION CONTRACTS
- Article 2.
- A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following particulars:
- Name of the guest(s) and number of the staying guests
- Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
- Accommodation Charges (based, in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charge listed in the Attached Table No.1);
- (i) Offerer’s name and telephone number;
(ii) Payer’s name, telephone number and address;
- Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest requests, during the stay, extension of the accommodation beyond the date in subparagraph ‘b.’ of the preceding Paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
- CONCLUSION OF ACCOMMODATION CONTRACTS, ETC.
- Article 3.
- A contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply where it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
- When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the Hotel within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guests entire period of stay (3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date specified by the Hotel.
- The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for the reparations under Article 18 as applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12.
- When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the period of payment of the deposit is specified.
- SPECIAL CONTRACTS REQUIRING NO ACCOMMODATION DEPOSIT
- Article 4.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
- In the case of when the Hotel has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or specified the date of the payment of the deposit as the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be treated as that the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
- REFUSAL OF ACCOMMODATION CONTRACTS
- Article 5.
- The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation contract under any of the following cases:
- When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
- When the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available;
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his accommodation;
- Where the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
- When the Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden due to his accommodation;
- When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, disfunction of the facilities and/or other unavoidable causes;
- When a person requesting Hotel accommodations is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other guests or when a person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is a gang or crime syndicate or a member thereof, or a group related to a crime syndicate or a member thereof, or has connections to such gangs, syndicates or groups, or is otherwise deemed to be part of an anti-social force.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is a corporate body or other group whose business activities are controlled by a gang or crime syndicate or a member thereof.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is a corporate body that has a member of members of a gang or crime syndicate among its board members.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation has engaged in violent acts towards the accommodation facilities or the hotel staff.
(Article 4 of the Enforcement Regulations of the Kanagawa Prefecture Hotel Business Law)
- RIGHT TO CANCEL ACCOMMODATION CONTRACTS BY THE GUEST
- Article 6.
- The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by so notifying the Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation contract in whole or in part due to cause for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Hotel has requested the payment of the accommodation deposit during the specified period as prescribed in paragraph 2 or Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before the payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the Attached Table No.2. However, in the case when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the payment of the cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest.
- In the case when the Guest does not appear by 6 p.m. of the accommodation date (or 2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel is notified of it) without an advance notice, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
- RIGHT TO CANCEL ACCOMMODATION CONTRACTS BY THE HOTEL
- Article 7.
- The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following case:
- When the Guest is deemed liable to conduct and/or have conducted himself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order and good morals in regard to his accommodation;
- When the Guest can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
- When the Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation;
- When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force majeure:
- When a person requesting Hotel accommodations, is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other guests or when a person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests (Article 4 of the Enforcement Regulations of the Kanagawa Prefecture Hotel Business Law);
- When the Guest does not observe prohibited actions such as smoking in bed, mischief to the fire-fighting facilities and other prohibitions of the Use Regulations stipulated by the Hotel (restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid the causing of fires);
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is identified as a gang or crime syndicate or a member thereof, or a group related to a crime syndicate or a member thereof, or has connections to such gangs, syndicates or groups, or is otherwise deemed to be part of an anti-social force;
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is identified as a corporate body or other group whose business activities are controlled by a gang or crime syndicate or a member thereof;
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is identified as a corporate body that has a member or members of a gang or crime syndicate among its board members;
- When the Guest seeking accommodation has engaged in violent acts towards the accommodation facilities or the hotel staff;
- In the case when the Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest in the future for any of the services during the contractual period which he has not received.
- Article 8.
- The Guest shall register the following particulars at the Front Desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation;
- Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest(s);
- Nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan (or a copy of passport) for foreign guests;
- Date and estimated time of departure;
- Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest intends to pay his Accommodation charges prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than Japanese currency, such as traveler’s cheque, coupons or credit cards, these credential shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
- OCCUPANCY HOURS OF GUEST ROOMS
- Article 9.
- The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 a.m. of the next day. However, in the case when the Guest is accommodated continuously, the Guest may occupy it all day long, except on the days of arrival and departure.
- The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph. In this case, extra charges shall be paid as follows:
a. 30% of the room charge until 3:00 p.m.;
b. 50% of the room charge until 6:00 p.m.;
c. 100% of the room charge after 6:00 p.m.
- OBSERVANCE OF USE REGULATIONS
- Article 10.
- The Guest shall observe the House Regulations established by the Hotel, which are posted within the premises of the Hotel.
- BUSINESS HOURS
- Article 11.
- The Hotel, restaurant, lounge and bar operating hours are as listed in the page of the Information of Business Hours. (Please refer to Table 3.)
- The business hours specified in the preceding Paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable causes of the Hotel. In such a case, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
- PAYMENT OF ACCOMMODATION CHARGES
- Article 12.
- The breakdown and method of calculation of the Accommodation Charges, etc., that the Guest shall pay are as listed in the Attached Table No.1.
- Accommodation Charges, etc. as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid with Japanese currency or by any means other than Japanese Currency such as traveler’s cheque, coupons or credit cards recognized by the Hotel at the Front Desk at the time of the departure of the Guest or upon request by the Hotel.
- Accommodation charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for him by the Hotel which are at his disposal.
- LIABILITIES OF THE HOTEL
- Article 13.
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the non fulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in case where such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
- HANDLING WHEN UNABLE TO PROVIDE CONTRACTED ROOMS
- Article 14.
- The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
- When arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel shall not compensate the Guest.
- HANDLING OF DEPOSITED ARTICLES
- Article 15.
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damages when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to the goods, cash or valuables deposited at the Front Desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of force majeure. However, for cash and valuables, when the Hotel has requested the Guest for an appraisal of the value and the Guest has failed to do so, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest up to the maximum of 150,000 yen.
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damages when loss, breakage or other damage is caused, through intent or negligence on the part of the Hotel, to the goods, cash or valuable which are brought into the premises of the Hotel by the Guest but are not deposited at the Front Desk. However, for articles of which the kind and value have not been reported in advance by the Guest, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest up to the maximum of 150,000 yen.
- CUSTODY OF BAGGAGE AND/OR BELONGINGS OF THE GUEST
- Article 16.
- When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to keep it only in the case when such a request has been accepted by the Hotel. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the Front Desk at the time of his check-in.
- When the baggage or belongings of the Guest is found after check-out and the ownership of the article is confirmed, the Hotel shall inform the owner of the article left and ask for further instructions. When no instruction is given to the Hotel by the owner or when the ownership is not confirmed, the Hotel shall handle it in accordance with the Lost Goods Act.
- The Hotel’s liability in regard to the custody of the Guest’s baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two Paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 of the Preceding Article in the case of Paragraph 1, and with the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the same Article in the Paragraph 2.
- LIABILITY IN REGARD TO PARKING
- Article 17.
- The Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest when the Guest utilizes the parking lot within the premises of the Hotel, as it shall be regarded that the Hotel simply offers the space for parking, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited to the Hotel or not. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damages caused through intent or negligence on the part of the Hotel in regard to the management of the parking lot.
- LIABILITY OF THE GUEST
- Article 18.
- The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for damages caused through intent or negligence on the part of the Guest.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Article 19.
- Changes to Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contract
- Article 20.
- This Accommodation Contract corresponds to a standard contract stipulated under the Civil Law of Japan. As such, we may make changes in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Civil Law if such changes in the Terms and Conditions are found to suit the general interests of our hotel guests and are reasonably deemed necessary.
- In the event changes have been made to this Contract, the Hotel will post the contents of the changed terms and conditions on its website. The newly changed terms and conditions will take eﬀect from the eﬀective date prescribed when they are posted on our website. When changes are made to this Contract, the Hotel will publicize the speciﬁcs in a proper manner, such as in writing or via the Information screen on the in-room TV.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ACCOMMODATION CONTRACTS-TABLE1-3
Table 1 Breakdown of Accommodation Charges
(Relating to Paragraph 1 of Article 2 and Paragraph 1 of Article 12)
to be paid by
|Accommodation charges||①Basic room rate
②Service charge （①×13％）
|Additional charges||③Charges for meals, drinks and other expenses
④Service charge （③×13％）
- 1．Please refer to rates indicated at the Front Desk.
- 2．Tax is subject to change according to the Government law.
Table 2 Cancellation Charges
(Relating to Paragraph 2 of Article 6)
|No. of people||Day on which Cancellation is Received|
|No show||On the Day||Day Before||Two Days
|FIT||Up to 9 persons||100％||100％||After 3:00 PM
|Group||10 to 60 persons||100％||100％||100％||50％|
|Group||61 or more persons||100％||100％||100％||80％|
|No. of people||Day on which Cancellation is Received|
|FIT||Up to 9 persons||0％||0％||0％||0％|
|Group||10 to 60 persons||50％||50％||20％||0％|
|Group||61 or more persons||80％||80％||50％||20％|
In the case of 100 people or more, the following charges will apply:
- 60-31 days before
- 40% of one day’s accommodation fee will be charged for each cancellation.
- 30-15 days before
- 60% of one day’s accommodation fee will be charged for each cancellation.
- 14-8 days before
- 80% of one day’s accommodation fee will be charged for each cancellation.
- 7-On the day
- 100% of one day’s accommodation fee will be charged for each cancellation.
- 1．Above % is a ratio of cancellation charge of indivisual reservation.
Table 3 Information of Business Hours
(Relating to Paragraph 1 of Article 11)
|Front Desk||Open 24 hours|
|Restaurants, Lounge and Bar|
|Outlet||Business Hours||Last order|
|Queen Alice（French Cuisine）||
Lunch (Two sittings)
i) 11:30 -
ii) 13:40 -
17:30 - 21:00
- Two sittings on weekends
and national holidays
i) 17:30 -
ii) 20:30 -
|szechwan restaurant CHEN（Chinese Restaurant）||
11:30 - 15:00
17:30 - 22:00
|Café Tosca（Allday Dining）||
07:00 - 11:00
*Buffet closes at 10:00.
11:30 - 15:00 (weekdays)
11:30 - 15:30 (weekends & national holidays)
17:30 - 22:00(weekdays)
17:00 - 22:00(weekends & national holidays)
*Buffet closes at 21:30.
|Oshima（Japanese Traditional Cuisine）||
Breakfast(weekends & national holidays)
7:00 - 10:00
11:30 - 15:00
17:00 - 22:00
Weekends & national holidays
11:30 - 22:00
Mon to Wed
11:00 - 19:00
Thu to Sat
11:00 - 22:30
Sun and national holidays
11:00 - 21:30
|Jack's（Bar）||17:00 - 01:00||
The business hours specified in the preceeding Paragraph are subject to temporary changes for unavoidable reasons. In this event, the Guest shall be informed via any appropriate means.
（Latest revision on:October, 2021）
The Yokohama Bay Hotel Tokyu
Nishi-ku, Yokohama 220-8543, Japan